ShakinItForum.com
Home » Shakinit.com » Contests » Girls » Booty Models » DMCA » Email
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages :: Log in :: donate
anyone with windows 8 already?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Thank Post    ShakinItForum.com Forum Index -> Member's Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight72
Purloiner of Privates

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: anyone with windows 8 already? Reply with quote

i installed it over the weekend...and i have to say im surprised...that shit works great....fast and with no probs....my desktop needs just a few seconds for the start up...dont have a touchscreen with my desktop but its very nice to work with also with a mouse....i will get the new logitech t650 touchpad next week...i think that will be even more fun with it...never thought ms could make such a good running os Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank GOD! Finally! Glad to hear some good reviews for windows.
ObiWan
Redneck Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was so close yesterday to doing the upgrade from windows7. i backed out because during the compatibility check, i got a message about my firmware not supporting "secure boot" (whatever that means)
Varanus
Diehard Booty Accumulator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where I sound stupid. Get ready.

Knight, they have touch screen monitors for PCs or are you talking about one of them thar new fangled Ipad touchy things?
Cthulhu will rule the world again, oh yeah.
Cthulhu will rule all the world.
mrbradeli
Ass Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with Windows. The second prices on hard drives go down again I'm backing all of my shit up and installing a Linux distro.
Sponsor
Official Model of ShakinIt.comOfficial Model of ShakinIt.com
eljie56
The Booty Caller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the commercials for it, but havent tried it yet lol, i'm so used to firefox already that i'm afraid of updating windows Laughing
knight72
Purloiner of Privates

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiWan wrote:
i was so close yesterday to doing the upgrade from windows7. i backed out because during the compatibility check, i got a message about my firmware not supporting "secure boot" (whatever that means)

thats no prob obi...you can install it anyway...what it means is UEFI Secure Boot...some rootkits and viruses infect the boot sector...this new feature should block malware like this in the future...but its really no prob to use windows 8 without that feature...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbradeli wrote:
I'm done with Windows. The second prices on hard drives go down again I'm backing all of my shit up and installing a Linux distro.

i have worked with linux for many years...imo linux for desktops is dead since windows 7 is online...linux was getting bigger and bigger because of all the security probs from older windows versions...it was a strong community...but using linux was a real pain over the last 2-3 years...with every new kernel version some of my hardware components didnt worked anymore..so i had to invest hours of work to get it back to life...even with a mainstream distro like ubuntu i got more and more probs...so i switched to windows 7 a while back...i know im a lazy perv Very Happy but atm i dont have the motivation to install a linux distro again....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varanus wrote:
Here's where I sound stupid. Get ready.

Knight, they have touch screen monitors for PCs or are you talking about one of them thar new fangled Ipad touchy things?

yeah touch desktop pc's like this:

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/static/page-ts?jumpid=re_11260_redirect_Aug12_touch_hho_redirect_redirect

windows 8 is for desktop,tablet and smartphone...but you can use it on a desktop also with just a mouse and a keyboard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knight72 wrote:
ObiWan wrote:

thats no prob obi...you can install it anyway...what it means is UEFI Secure Boot...some rootkits and viruses infect the boot sector...this new feature should block malware like this in the future...but its really no prob to use windows 8 without that feature...

sounds like a cool feature.. too bad im somehow not compatible. Crying or Very sad anyway, i think im going to give it a shot.. you cant beat the price at 39.99
Sponsor
Official Model of ShakinIt.comOfficial Model of ShakinIt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Thank Post    ShakinItForum.com Forum Index -> Member's Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: